TMJ, Temporomandibular Joint syndrome (more commonly known as TMJ). Studies suggest it could stem from the misalignment of teeth or bite, weakness in the muscles or ligaments, or malformation of bone or ligament.
TMJ a Pain in the........Jaw
It is uncertain what causes Temporomandibular Joint syndrome
(more commonly known as TMJ). Studies suggest it could stem from
the misalignment of teeth or bite, weakness in the muscles or ligaments,
or malformation of bone or ligament.
I even went to a lecture on body mechanics that said it was
caused by high heels and another which said it was a lack of HCL.
Whatever the cause, listed are symptoms associated with it and suggestions
on how to alleviate some of the pain and discomfort.
SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO ALLEVIATE THE PAIN OF TMJ:
- Warm compresses to jaw.
- Support Jaw. sold in sporting goods stores are mouth
guards that soften when dipped in hot water. Find correct bite
and form around teeth. Some wear to bed at night.
- Eat food that needs less chewing (limit gum)
- Massage jaw at intervals during the day.
- Don't use pillows to sleep. Put a towel about the thickness
of the wrist under dips of neck and back and a pillow under your knees.
Avoid sleeping on your side.
- Hold jaw when yawning to restrict spread of mouth.
- Don't prop your head at a sharp angle when lying on your
- Don't prop chin with hand.
- Don't carry heavy purse on shoulder.
- Don't wear high heels. Misalignment in one part of
the body can put stress on every part of the body.
- Don't hold phone between chin and shoulder.
- Stop night grinding of teeth. Usually bruxism (grinding
of teeth) is caused by unreleased stress. Following are some home
remedies that might help stop the grinding:
- Keep jaw in resting position when awake. (teeth
should only touch when you are chewing or swallowing.
- Tire out your jaw by eating raw vegetables or fruits
before going to bed to help satisfy the urge to grind.
- Apply heat to jaw, this may relax the muscles.
- Valerian root has been used historically for relaxing
- Cut out the caffeine.
You may also want to see a craniomandibular manipulator (a person
who manipulates the bones in your head gently back into proper alignment).
Minerals ,especially Calcium (possibly mega-doses), should be considered.
The focus of this site is to "educate,
validate, and suggest alternative methods for the treatment of health conditions,"
which are not readily available to those who go through mainstream programs.
To help ensure good results, high quality
foods and supplements are vital. Knowing
that the cost of supplements can get overwhelming, we provide a wholesale store.
This is a courtesy, not a requirement for you
to ask your questions. We are here to help people, not just gain customers.
If you have any questions please feel free
to contact me.
***When working with natural health it is
beneficial that you have an understanding
of the signs of a healing body. ***